PV, Solar H

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My DIY PV solar panel install


A Solar company come by my home one day wanting to sell me a PV system.   My electric bill runs under $200 dollars a month, so I never really considered installing solar. The solar company wanted to install 12 PV panels for approx. $18,000.  With the 30% Federal tax credit and the Hawaii 35% State Tax credit, I would get 65% total credit so I would only have to pay approximately $7,500, but that depends on my taxes.  After researching the cost of PV panels, and hardware, with a total cost of $6,500, I realized something was wrong with these numbers.  Not only that, with the help of an electrician and my DIY skills I will still get the 65% tax credit, with my total out of pocket expense at around $2,500.    If my Electric bill is around $200 a month, my one year estimated expense is $2,400.   Over a 5 year period an estimated $12,000 dollars.    I realized it was time to put my DIY skills to the test. I found a PV panel whole sale company, I will provide the link, ordered my parts, with their help and started my DIY project.   This is the completed project. 




aloha  Peter

9 comments:

  1. Awesome information Peter! This information will surely help out a lot of people in Hawaii and on the mainland US. Keep blogging!
    Aloha,

    Reggie N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and helpful information has been given in this article. I like the way you explain the things. Keep posting.Thanks for sharing.
    solar pv installation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's how to cut your electric bill by 75%:

    Want to know how to easily produce all of the green energy you could ever want right at home?

    And you’ll be able to make your home totally immune from power failures, blackouts, and energy grid outages
    so even if everyone else in your area (or even the whole country) loses power…you won’t.

    READ THIS: DIY HOME ENERGY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the information provided in this article and I really like the way you have explained each and everything so well. Very well done with the article, hope that you will continue to do posting.

    Solar Albuquerque

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Solar Power is considered as the new energy for us and it is green power for the environment. We should encourage more people using it in the life.

    Solar Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice stuff dear. Thanks for sharing it. I have some informative stuff to share with you. Check it Solar power solution & Solar grid system type

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Interesting article about solar panel how can installed thanks for share with us.

    ReplyDelete